is it normal for an outlet to get warm?
No, the 网点 in your home should feel the same as the temperature in 这个房间. If your outlet is warm or hot to the touch it’s an indication of a problem, such as an overloaded circuit. An overloaded circuit or outlet is dangerous and can lead to a fire, so it’s important you address the issue right away. While the cause of the overheated outlet can vary, it’s important to have a professional electrician inspect your home to determine the source of the issue, how to resolve it, and helpful tips for preventing it in the future.
Benefits Of Upgrading Your Outlets
Older 网点 are not grounded, which means they are not as safer as newer 网点. They also have to work much harder to meet the demands of newer, high-powered devices and appliances. If you have noticed cords falling out of the wall or flickering lights, your 网点 may be beyond 修复 and require replacement. When old 网点 are left in place too long, it can lead to potential hazards like house fires or shock.